Computer Related > Another itunes query Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 6

Another itunes query - Bobby
I have all my music on iTunes on my laptop.

I have a 64GB ipod classic that every last tune is synched to inc all playlists.
I sync my iphone to it and pick and choose what I want on the phone. Same with wife's iphone.

Now that my dad has a car with ipod control, and we have a couple of old ipod touches and nanos kicking about, I was thinking of copying many of his CDS onto iTunes and then put onto an ipod for him. However, I do not want his music on my ipod. Is there any way that this can be done on the existing set up?

I could add all his music, sync his ipod and then delete it all again from iTunes. Or is there anything else open to me, maybe putting his music on an external hard drive instead of within the laptops music library?
 Another itunes query - No FM2R
I don't know if there is a better way, and I haven't had to care for a few years [we're all Android now] , but when I had this problem I created separate windows accounts for my children on my computer, and then managed each of their iPods from iTunes within each windows user account.

There was no cross over at all.

There may well be a smarter way, but it worked for me.
 Another itunes query - Bobby
mmm now theres a thought.....
 Another itunes query - smokie
Can you not simply choose different playlists to sync to each device? Only having one Apple device I can't test but that would have seemed logical.
 Another itunes query - Zero
I have used both smokie and marks method in the past. Mind if her indoors didn't need iTunes to manage her iPhone I would dump iTunes completely.

Another itunes query - No FM2R
I tried the playlist approach but I just got into knots. My issue was managing the songs not currently in a playlist.

Perhaps better organisation would have worked, i just found rhe swpeeate accounts very easy to do and to maintain.
 Another itunes query - smokie
Ah OK, well I only sync playlists to my iPod, in fact I have one playlist called For iPod which has playlists within it. Some tracks appear in more than one playlist but they only appear on the iPod once (assuming they are the same version).
Latest Forum Posts