Computer Related > Webex - Mac Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 8

Webex - Mac - R.P.
Need to view some documents securely online and will be using this. Any idea where I can get a download for a Mac ?
 Webex - Mac - devonite
Here maybe?:

www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/conferencing/webex-meeting-center/tsd-products-support-general-information.html
 Webex - Mac - R.P.
Thanks. Seems very complicated. There is an IOS app. but nothing specifically, it seems, for MAC - I'd prefer to view these documents that are going to be shared with me on a Laptop rather than my iPAD mini...
 Webex - Mac - rtj70
I've used WebEx on the Mac before. I seem to recall the invite to a teleconf giving me the option to download the client. It configured itself fine. We don't use WebEx at work any longer so I can't try it out.

Do you have a WebEx account on a system somewhere?
 Webex - Mac - R.P.
No sadly. Sounds feasible that. I'm expecting an e-mail before the conference so that may tell me something. Thanks.
 Webex - Mac - rtj70
When I've been invited to conference calls by third parties, there's usually been a web-link. This has offered the chance to install the necessary plug-ins etc to get onto the call and see any shared content. On Windows it's certainly been some form of plug-in to a web browser.

But I'm sure I've had it working on my Mac too. But as I say we stopped using WebEx sometime ago as our ad-hoc conferencing facility.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Thu 14 Apr 16 at 18:31
 Webex - Mac - rtj70
Not sure how seeing the documents in a web-browser or WebEx client is deemed secure but they cannot send you a copy. Maybe using PGP to protect them.
 Webex - Mac - R.P.
Dunno. They've assured me about the security verbally. I'll wait to see something in writing !
 Webex - Mac - R.P.
It worked fine. Chrome downloaded an extension and it worked perfectly.
Latest Forum Posts