Computer Related > Acer laptop battery Computing Issues
Thread Author: MD Replies: 5

Acer laptop battery - MD
I need a new one. There appear to be numerous available, but possibly of dubious origin. I do not want a cheap Chinese fire catcher! Where would one source the real deal?
 Acer laptop battery - Bromptonaut
My first port of call would be Misco:

www.misco.co.uk/

Not cheap though.
 Acer laptop battery - MD
Thanks Bromp. Only 2 listed though and not for mine methinks.
 Acer laptop battery - John Boy
I've used MDS in the past for camera batteries. Acer is in their list:

tinyurl.com/hxh8yz6

Acer laptop battery - martin aston
I used to buy laptops and batteries professionally. Even with the buying power I had, batteries were eyewateringly expensive.

While I can't make a specific recommendation in this case I would go for a recognised make of battery and avoid any that are suspiciously cheap.

Good luck.
 Acer laptop battery - Stuartli
I have a Lenovo laptop (B560) and the battery began to play up towards the end of last year, going virtually flat after very little use. Part of the reason is that I use my desktop much more, so the laptop was generally idle for up to a week at a time.

As a result of the battery's apparent decline, I priced up Lenovo replacements but, by accident, came across a tip that reducing the full battery charge level to around 80 per cent, for instance, would extend the battery's life.

So I did, using the Lenovo's own battery top up maximum level feature and, as a result, not only was the battery rescued from potential demise, but even after not being used for up to a month has around 50 minutes of use remaining...:-)

So not only was the battery returned to much of its original performance, I saved a substantial sum buying what would have been an unnecessary replacement. What's more it would probably have ended up with a similar scenario...:-)

Since then I've come across apps that will provide the means to restrict maximum charge of around 90-96 per cent of capacity with a similar outcome.
Last edited by: Stuartli on Fri 20 May 16 at 00:33
Latest Forum Posts