Computer Related > Mail.com Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 6

Mail.com - Duncan
Has anyone tried www.mail.com as an email provider? Any reason why I shouldn't?
 Mail.com - Focusless
Don't know, but just out of curiosity, why not go for one of the biggies eg. Gmail (which I use/like) or Outlook (don't use but supposed to be good)?
 Mail.com - No FM2R
Depends on what you will use it for;

Leisure, then go for something like GMail. Very good, very safe and free.

Business, then the domain name becomes more important and should be something you own (in my opinion).

So for me, mail.com, whilst a perfectly good service, falls in a gap - I guess the space filled is when you want a domain name, but don't care about owning it.
 Mail.com - VxFan
I use mail.com as one of my disposable email addresses. Never had any issues with it. So much so, that I've not had to dispose of it yet, and I've had it for 5 years or more.
 Mail.com - nice but dim
>> I use mail.com as one of my disposable email addresses. Never had any issues with
>> it. So much so, that I've not had to dispose of it yet, and I've
>> had it for 5 years or more.
>>

Likewise, I have a mail.com for comparison quotes, offer sites and general spam. Keeps it out of my gmail account.

I have the Windows notification tool installed so it pops up without having me to manually check.

Be prepared for some emails to be blocked or held, as I believe a lot of the internet scammers use this to distribute malware ransomware.
 Mail.com - BrianByPass
I think the best feature of mail.com is the huge number of domain addresses you can choose from:
www.mail.com/mail/domains/#.2068504-stage-expendlist1-8

You are allowed up to 10 alias addresses within each account you register.
 Mail.com - Dulwich Estate II
I agree with BrianByPass.

They let you choose your own domain address from a huge list so your email address can be joebloggs @ baker.com or @ artist.com, @ writer.com etc. It adds a certain something to your image if such a thing is needed.

The Mrs has used them as her main address for maybe 5 years and I've used them as a secondary address for more than a year and we have had no problems at all.

Other than as a user I have no connection with them but recommend mail.com to anyone I know who asks.

Edit: those precise domains might not be available but you get the idea. I quite like @ toothfairy.com.
Last edited by: Dulwich Estate II on Fri 24 Jun 16 at 20:30
Latest Forum Posts