Computer Related > macOS Sierra Miscellaneous
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 4

macOS Sierra - rtj70
Anyone installed this on their Mac desktop/laptop yet?

I'm wary in case it stops supporting my printer and scanner amongst other things. I had to add a driver to the last update to use my printer. That might not work this time. Some of the changes were because of security in the OS but still.... nothing wrong with the printer.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Wed 21 Sep 16 at 13:50
 macOS Sierra - Fullchat
Tempted :S. I'm currently running Yosemite on the iMac. However after all the trouble a friend had after installing El Capitan I'm holding back.
 macOS Sierra - NortonES2
Not had any bother with Sierra. There is a minor update fairly imminent so it might be worth waiting. I suspect difficulties if there are any relate to tardy app updates.
 macOS Sierra - rtj70
One reason I held back was printer compatibility since my Canon Pixma IP5000 must be getting on for... 11 or 12 years old. But it started to play up and the print head had issues and I decided to just replace it.

I took a risk and got one that is not 100% compatible it seems with Sierra but Apple AirPrint will work. But I've tested with a virtual copy of Sierra and it works for almost everything apart from the utilities.... and I do have a Windows PC.

I will upgrade the Macbook first and then the Mac Mini leaving the iMac on a lot older version because it's not really used now.

I was going to leave until I got back from Corfu but never got there this week due to a close family member's health issue.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 14 Oct 16 at 19:57
 macOS Sierra - diddy1234
No issues at all here.

First time mac user on yosemite for about a month then El Capitan came out as was a bit buggy at first then recently Sierra.

As for printer, I use a networked Laserjet 2200 and this has always worked fine.

So glad to get away from windows but I am still learning some aspects of Mac OS.
Latest Forum Posts