Computer Related > A Question About Cookies Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 3

A Question About Cookies - Bromptonaut
Or at least I think its about cookies.

Since I got my new HP Pavilion PC570 (AMD Radeon R7) a few websites don't seem to 'remember me' and I'm signed in as soon as Chrome starts. This one does OK so does GoF VP, the Guardian and Cyclechat. Three others, PPRUNE, Flightradar 24 and Citizensadvice.org.uk do not. Effect on first two is I need to sign in for each session although my username/passwords are remembered and autocomplete.

The CAB site asks first time users which country of UK they are in so that they see relevant content where advice might differ. This should be retained until such time as running Clap Cleaner or similar removes cookies. I'm asked the question every time I log in on this PC (but not on my netbook).

Can any of our experts throw any light?
 A Question About Cookies - Roger.
I think, in Britain, we should call them biscuits!
 A Question About Cookies - smokie
Since Win10 (or some update thereof) I have a small handful of sites which won''t auto log me in. Amazon is one, though it remembers the username/password. I've assumed it's probably something been tightened up on the operating system which means the site is now working how it was coded but I'm probably wrong.
 A Question About Cookies - VxFan
>> Can any of our experts throw any light?

Try resetting the web browser. I had similar issues when our work PCs were recently updated and IE wasn't remembering log in details or autocomplete, despite the relevant boxes in the settings menus being ticked. Once reset all was ok again.
Latest Forum Posts