Computer Related > Compass recommendation Computing Issues
Thread Author: Clk Sec Replies: 12

Compass recommendation - Clk Sec
I know there's shed loads of compass apps out there, but being a bit fussy about what I download, recommendations for a decent one for my Android 'phone would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
 Compass recommendation - CGNorwich
Does your phone have a compass? If it doesn't it won't support these My Moto 5 plus doesn't.
>> Does your phone have a compass? If it doesn't it won't support these My Moto 5 plus doesn't.<<

Thanks for that, CGN. Same with mine, apparently. I'll probably get a compass from Amazon, as there's plenty around for a fiver or so that will suffice for my limited use.

Compass recommendation - Zero

>> Thanks for that, CGN. Same with mine, apparently. I'll probably get a compass from Amazon,
>> as there's plenty around for a fiver or so that will suffice for my limited
>> use.

Yes but for what do you want to use it for? if its for directions and walking there are shed loads of very good GPS based mapping applications that make a standard compass redundant.
>> if its for directions and walking there are shed loads of very good GPS based mapping applications that make a standard compass redundant.
>>

Directions and walking - that's all.
 Compass recommendation - Duncan
>> if its for directions and walking there are shed loads of very good GPS based mapping
>> applications that make a standard compass redundant.
>>

Hmm.

Provided you have power to your phone etc, etc.

Whereas one of these:- tinyurl.com/y9ckwn2d

at £3.99 won't break the bank, nor will the battery go flat.
 Compass recommendation - Zero
Why do you want one? i.e. whats it to be used for? and what phone do you have?
 Compass recommendation - Hard Cheese
I have three compass apps on my Android phone, I mainly use Compass by Melon Soft, I prefer the GUI, Compass by NixGame is good though is black on white so dazzling at night, both are free and feature very subtle ads, not invasive at all. Compass by Antoine Vianey is fine, free and has no in app ads though I don't like the GUI as much as either of the other two.
 Compass recommendation - Robin O'Reliant
I've got a spirit level on mine.
 Compass recommendation - VxFan
>> I've got a spirit level on mine.

One of my Apps contains a Protractor, Ruler, Surface Level, Plumb Bob, Seismometer, Metronome, Decibel Meter, Teslameter, Altimeter, Barometer, as well as a Compass & a Spirit Level.

If only I knew what half of them actually do.
 Compass recommendation - Hard Cheese
I can tap in a number and speak to someone remotely with mine, really very clever ...
 Compass recommendation - VxFan
I can't see that catching on somehow ;)
 Compass recommendation - Stuartli
>> I can't see that catching on somehow ;)>>

But if your compass app stops working and you're lost, you could always use that feature to get help....!
Latest Forum Posts