Computer Related > Printers Again Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 23

Printers Again - Bromptonaut
Will have to to replace increasingly temperamental Epson all in one scanner/printer. Even after repeated head/nozzle cleans prints have gaps etc and colour is often way off.

Need is for colour printing with auto-duplex and for scanning/copying up to A4 size. Prints will be mostly documents but might want odd photo. Network accessible via router either WiFi or cable.

Mostly colour as there's a separate mono laser in her study for Mrs B's work related stuff.

Any recommendations?

Printers Again - Pat
There's a few here

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=23878&v=f

Pat
 Printers Again - Duncan
>> There's a few here
>>
>> www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=23878&v=f

Going a bit further back. After 5+ years

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=10356&m=231318&v=e
 Printers Again - riddler
Canon MX 535 is very good and does auto duplex printing. Ink usage is very low especially if you use the XL cartridges. Much easier and more reliable and cheaper to run than the HP it replaced/
 Printers Again - Robin O'Reliant
How much you wanna spend?

www.ebuyer.com/728134-brother-dcp-9015cdw-all-in-one-colour-laser-printer-dcp9015cdw

Why not forget inkjet and get a laser. I've got one of the thirty quid mono only Ricohs and I'd never go back.
 Printers Again - rtj70
>> Why not forget inkjet and get a laser.

... because he wants to occasionally print photos. A Canon with compatible inks would be my suggestion.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 5 Sep 17 at 17:50
>>
>>
>> ... because he wants to occasionally print photos. A Canon with compatible inks would be
>> my suggestion.
>>

I gave up printing photos ages ago. It costs 30p a print to have then done professionally (I use Photobox), the quality is better and it is probably cheaper than an inkjet, especially as the colour seems to give up the ghost with a third of the cartridge still left.
Edit:

My mistake, 12p a print for standard size. Cheaper if you buy in bilk.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Tue 5 Sep 17 at 18:52
 Printers Again - No FM2R
Bilk? I'm sure I used to go on holiday there.
 Printers Again - rtj70
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7jZeXvpyZQ
Can't a fellow make a simple typo without having to suffer some cruel and hurtful ribbing?

I'm off to see my stress therapist...
 Printers Again - No FM2R
I bet you proof read that about 10 times before you pressed post.
>> I bet you proof read that about 10 times before you pressed post.
>>
Only five.

I'm not dyslexic you bnow.
 Printers Again - rtj70
Apologies. But this forum likes thread drift and you gave us an opportunity :-)
 Printers Again - Crankcase
Waiting about in John Lewis computer dept the other day, as you do, I notice lots of the HP printers now offer a monthly sub, starting at £1.99. The printer monitors ink levels, and uses the Internet to order more when required, so you don't ever run out. I think for that you got about 50 sheets a month or something (way more than we would need).

Seemed interesting on the face of it, though for the very occasional print we do we walk two hundred yards to the village library and give them 20p.
 Printers Again - MD
FOUR SHILLINGS Crankers. Steady on..
 Printers Again - Crankcase
I agree four bob is pushing it. I've mentioned before how I can't help auto converting decimal to old money all the time, and get grumpy that it's fifteen and six for a chocolate bar or whatever. Guess I'm not going to change now, as it were.
 Printers Again - Stuartli
>>Guess I'm not going to change now, as it were. >>

Or get any either.....:-(
 Printers Again - Hard Cheese
>> ... because he wants to occasionally print photos. A Canon with compatible inks would be
>> my suggestion.
>>

A Canon with Canon inks would be my suggestion.

Can't go wrong with a Canon though non OEM inks aren't worth the small saving. I mean I print a reasonable amount and might save £50 a year with (in)compatible inks.
 Printers Again - devonite
Another vote for the Cannon Pixma mx535 - does everything you could want with good quality printouts!
>> Another vote for the Cannon Pixma mx535 - does everything you could want with good
>> quality printouts!

So far as I can see it fails on a mandatory requirement - does not do duplex printing.
>> So far as I can see it fails on a mandatory requirement - does not
>> do duplex printing.

PC world website said single sheet but as I was passing I nipped into store. It is in fact auto duplex. Now installed in my study.
 Printers Again - Ambo
>>Can't go wrong with a Canon

Maybe I have, with my MG5350. When I last raised the lid to change a cartridge I found I couldn't lower it easily, in spite of trying to raise it a little bit higher first to release it or pulling the stay this way and that. In the event I pushed it down but it had never needed this before and I am worried I may have damaged it. I have not needed to raise it since but can anyone suggest a remedy please?
 Printers Again - Clk Sec
My MG3150 has just started chewing up envelopes, but I can't complain as it's over 5 years old and has given excellent service. It didn't cost very much and the ink jets are almost empty, so I think it's time to invest in a new one.

Actually, I've been toying with the idea of buying a new iMac desktop, as our PC is nigh on 12 years old and a replacement is well overdue. We'll probably rob the piggy bank and get the lot in one go.
Latest Forum Posts