Computer Related > iPad hdmi connection Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 13

iPad hdmi connection - Bobby
gr.pn/2xKLvXi

Description is a bit vague, will this allow you to show live streaming from your iPad to big TV? Or is it just for showing photos and videos ie. files that you have stored on your iPad?
 iPad hdmi connection - commerdriver
Not certain Bobby but it links a very similar setup to what I use from my MacBook in hotels to watch Netflix etc, i.e. basically it replicates what is on the device screen, wherever it comes from.
I imagine an iPhone/iPad could work the same way but haven't tried it, don't know what resolution it would pass down the cable.
 iPad hdmi connection - Zero
It replicates whats on your pad screen to your TV.
 iPad hdmi connection - Hard Cheese
Although, say, an iPad screen resolution is 1536x2048 it depends on what resolution and frame rate it transfers data at via the lightning connector.
It almost certainly depends on the resolution of the TV panel.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 20 Oct 17 at 10:07
 iPad hdmi connection - Falkirk Bairn
SKY on your I-phone is on the iphone only.
On the contract for my phone I get Sky sports - useless as you can see nothing on the phone.
A son said you cannot link Sky to the TV, OK for photos & other streamed suppliers.

>> A son said you cannot link Sky to the TV, OK for photos & other
>> streamed suppliers.
>>

Think thats if you try to cast it, a physical connection should work.
>> It almost certainly depends on the resolution of the TV panel.
>>

Another issue is that an iPad is 4:3 ratio where as a widescreen TV is 16:9.
Just noticed it’s only for IOS 8-10.
Assume Apple must have done something to block these for IOS 11 onwards??
>> Just noticed it’s only for IOS 8-10.
>> Assume Apple must have done something to block these for IOS 11 onwards??
>>

The info may say IoS 8-10 though the spec may not have been updated, it still could well be compatible with IoS 11.
The add was probably written before ios 11 came out.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 20 Oct 17 at 15:01
 iPad hdmi connection - VxFan
If you've got something like an Amazon Fire TV stick, Chromecast, etc, then there are Apps out there to wirelessly transit from your iPad to your TV.
Just an update - cable works fine, totally mirrors what is on your iphone / ipad screen although BT app still seems to be able to detect that this is connected and not allow it to be transposed onto the TV!
 iPad hdmi connection - Stuartli
>>...although BT app still seems to be able to detect that this is connected and not allow it to be transposed onto the TV!>>

I find that NowTV programmes using an HDMI lead from a tablet rather than the actual NowTV box cannot be viewed on a television; must be Sky being awkward..:-(
Latest Forum Posts