Computer Related > YouTube won't work on FireTV Computing Issues
Thread Author: movilogo Replies: 10

YouTube won't work on FireTV - movilogo
From January 2018, YouTube will no longer work on Fire TV.

I am getting a warning when opening YouTube.

www.cnet.com/news/youtube-to-cut-access-to-amazon-fire-tv-on-january-1-echo-show/

:-(
 YouTube won't work on FireTV - smokie
Don't most smart tellys get YouTube anyway? Mine does and it's a couple of years old at least... Also can get it thru my Virgin box.

I must admit I bought a Firestick out of technical interest rather than through a desire to own one, but it hardly gets used. I also have a Roku which I bought so I could watch a channel of "fail" videos which is streamed in some bars in the States. Never used that either.
 YouTube won't work on FireTV - Hard Cheese
Not happy with that!

One of the reasons we bought a Fire stick was to enable YouTube on a particular TV, it syncs with YouTube on our Android and Apple phones via Cast, works really well.

I'll be contacting Amazon ...
 YouTube won't work on FireTV - rtj70
>> I'll be contacting Amazon ...

Good luck with that. It's Google that's preventing the app working from next year and not Amazon.

It does not use 'casting' like a Chromecast though. But I get what you mean.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Thu 7 Dec 17 at 01:34
 YouTube won't work on FireTV - Hard Cheese
It uses Cast on the phone, works well.

EDIT: Google are placing the restriction because Amazon are restricting the sales of Google solutions. So if Amazon loosen up so should Google. My complaint won't achieve it alone though a multitude might.
Last edited by: Hard Cheese on Thu 7 Dec 17 at 10:42
 YouTube won't work on FireTV - Dog
Should've got a Roku like what I did :)
 YouTube won't work on FireTV - VxFan
>> One of the reasons we bought a Fire stick was to enable YouTube on a
>> particular TV, it syncs with YouTube on our Android and Apple phones via Cast, works
>> really well.

You should still be able to use a suitable App to stream YouTube from the web browser on your phone to the fire stick.
>> You should still be able to use a suitable App to stream YouTube from the web browser on your phone to the fire stick.

You mean I can still watch YouTube videos on Fire TV?

Any recommended app?
 YouTube won't work on FireTV - VxFan
>> Any recommended app?

TVCast (Fire TV) is the one I use on my iPhone and iPad. You will also need to use the relevant App on the Fire Stick so they talk to one another.

Full details here video-tv-cast.com/amazon-fire-tv/
I have now installed a 3rd party YouTube app. It looks and behave exactly like official YouTube app.

I installed it following instructions here.

troypoint.com/install-youtube-fire-tv-fire-tv-stick/

YouTube won't work on FireTV - rtj70
www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42365354

All sorted then? For now.
Latest Forum Posts