Computer Related > iPad 2017 32gb Wf 9.7" Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 6

iPad 2017 32gb Wf 9.7" - Ambo
Can anyone tell me how to reset this to Factory Settings please?
 iPad 2017 32gb Wf 9.7" - nice but dim
Ambo,

From memory if you can access the iPad (i.e not locked or disabled) go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings.

If the iPad is locked and you don't know the pass code, you will have to reset via iTunes.

Be ware it may ask for the iCloud password to disable Find my iPhone/iPad feature.
Thanks, I have the passcode and can unlock it but under General there are no Reset or Erase All Content and Settings buttons.
 iPad 2017 32gb Wf 9.7" - VxFan
>> Thanks, I have the passcode and can unlock it but under General there are no
>> Reset or Erase All Content and Settings buttons.

There should be. It's the standard Apple way of resetting their devices.

Another way of doing it is to goto Settings - Passcode. Enter your passcode, then enable the "Erase Data" radio button which will erase all data on your iPad after 10 failed passcode attempts.
Exit out of the menus, and press the power button to lock the iPad. Now put in the wrong passcode 10 times.
 iPad 2017 32gb Wf 9.7" - VxFan
Forgot to mention yet another way.

Log into iCloud via a PC (www.icloud.com/ ), then goto Find My iPhone. Once the device has been located (it can be any Apple device you've registered), there is an option to remotely erase it there as well.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 9 Jan 18 at 10:01
 iPad 2017 32gb Wf 9.7" - CGNorwich
When you get into “General” there is a panel on the right. You might need to scroll down a bit. “Reset” is the last item after “Regulatory”
Got it now, thanks.
Latest Forum Posts