Computer Related > Best Free Image Resizing Program Computing Issues
Thread Author: Dulwich Estate II Replies: 8

Best Free Image Resizing Program - Dulwich Estate II
I forgot to transfer my old image resizing program from the old computer. I could of course connect up all the cables, fire up the old machine and transfer it, . . . . or . . .
ask the panel for the best one available now in their experience.

I only need is to be able to reduce 6Mb to 10Mb images down to around 1Mb or so for emailing purposes. The old program gave me a choice of sizes or I could choose my own.

Some free ones on the net seem to offer all sorts of editing features I don't need.
 Best Free Image Resizing Program - rtj70
Does your email program not have the option to resize image attachments?
 Best Free Image Resizing Program - Roger.
bluefive.pairsite.com/pixresizer.htm
Easy to use: had it on my laptops for years
 Best Free Image Resizing Program - rtj70
On my Mac when I wanted to resize a lot of images I created a workflow that let me dump the JPEGs onto the icon and it down-sampled them and created the new versions in a folder. Shame you can't do similar with some PowerShell.

Of course the standard Mac mail client lets you send originals or small, medium and large versions.

My latest camera produces files up to 20MB in size if you shoot RAW. For my first camera I had a 48MB and 32MB memory card... so they'd hold combined 4 photos ;-) Should JPEG fine and you'd probably fit on 8. Of course you can write images with fine compression and choose lower resolutions.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 26 Jan 18 at 22:45
 Best Free Image Resizing Program - Stuartli
>>Easy to use: had it on my laptops for years>>

Snap. Simple, effective, does what it says on the tin.
 Best Free Image Resizing Program - Dulwich Estate II
Found it, downloaded it and used it.

bluefive.pairsite.com/pixresizer.htm

Plenty good enough for me.

Thanks.
 Best Free Image Resizing Program - Hard Cheese
Irfanview is excellent, you can resize singularly, in batches and a lot more too.

www.irfanview.com

The programme is much more professional than is apparent from the website.
Last edited by: Hard Cheese on Sat 27 Jan 18 at 23:39
 Best Free Image Resizing Program - sherlock47
>> Irfanview is excellent, you can resize singularly, in batches and a lot more too.
>>
>> www.irfanview.com
>>
>> The programme is much more professional than is apparent from the website.
>>

Another endorsement for Irfanview. Gradually increased in functionality over the the years. I reckon i have used it in various incarnations since about 1998!

The guy who wrote it even responds personally to suggestions about enhancements etc.
 Best Free Image Resizing Program - Stuartli
A new version of Irfanview and plug-ins has just been released.

On a slightly different note, if anyone suffers problems with Desktop icons after any Windows 10 updates (they are in completely different positions to originally set), try DesktopOK. It does exactly what it says on the tin...:-) Saved a lot of rearranging of icons over some considerable time now.

www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/desktopok.html
Latest Forum Posts