Computer Related > Transferring Vodaphone credit. Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 3

Transferring Vodaphone credit. - Ambo
I have two mobiles using Vodaphone Sim cards. One is very old and kept in the car as a standby, but having a large credit. The display is very small and I want to ditch it and manage with just one phone, transferring the credit to the newer one.

I know this can be done as I have done it in the past and this is where the large credit came from. It was years ago and complicated but I did it via landline, speaking to a Vodaphone person. I have forgotten the details but asked Vodaphone again how to go about it. Only by taking the phone to a Vodaphone shop, I was told. This I did and was met with astonishment, told it could not be done, not permitted, never been heard of etc. All that could be done was to transfer the Sim card. I knew that but of course it would mean informing all of my contacts, then again when the credit was used up.

Maybe the rules have been changed and the shop staff didn't know, although this sounds odd. Is it true that such transfers can't be made?
 Transferring Vodaphone credit. - Zero
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that PAYG call credit is firmly attached to a sim/phone number and cant be transferred,
 Transferring Vodaphone credit. - No FM2R
They certainly *can* transfer the balance. Or rather remove/add. However, they don't have to and I think you're down to the whim of the CS Agent you speak to.

I would be surprised if a shop would do it for you, I think it'll have to be Vodafone CS direct on the phone.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 28 Mar 18 at 18:34
 Transferring Vodaphone credit. - smokie
Yes I managed exactly this with a 3 PAYG but in the way No FM2R said - with CS, on the phone and as an add/remove.
Latest Forum Posts