Computer Related > "The User Profile Service failed the login" Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 2

"The User Profile Service failed the login" - Ambo
Has anyone ever got this message on their screen on login? Friday was the first time I got it, in what must be over 20 years of working with Windows (7 Home Premium currently). It added, "User Profile cannot be loaded". There was no way round this, apart from a log-off button.

All I could do was contact a local expert but he was not free until this afternoon. It took him and hour (and £30) to sort out the problem. His explanation was too complicated for me to recall but his only suggestion as to the source was that one of Windows' many and frequent updates had failed.

I found it incredibly frustrating being denied access, particularly on the first day of the new ISA season. If this has happened to you, how did you deal with it?
 "The User Profile Service failed the login" - smokie
I've not seen this problem before but luckily I have more than one computer so on another computer I would have Googled for the issue and potential fixes and probably would have taken this one to work through. I expect the fix he used was the one under the heading "How do I fix a corrupt profile?" which involves booting in safe mode, activating a "hidden" admin account and fixing up the broken profile one way or another.

www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/solved-user-profile-service-failed-logon-3495216/

I usually read a number of potential answers to satisfy myself that they are barking up the right tree. There's also computer tech sites which I run across more frequently so I'd trust them a bit more than others. And I suppose it helps if you know stuff about Windows before you run into such issues, like what is the user profile. That sort of info is just stuff I've learnt over the years, sometimes on formal training.

The big thing to remember is how useful Google can be, and how it can make you look at least as smart as you surely are. I've always been the practical one in out house but as we are getting older SWMBO often says "well how would I have know how to do that" (not only regarding computer stuff) and she is slowly learning just how useful Google can be, if you ask the right question.
 "The User Profile Service failed the login" - Ambo
Very useful, thanks.
Latest Forum Posts