Computer Related > Router Reboot Computing Issues
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 7

Router Reboot - maltrap
I've just been reading that the FBI are recommending that routers should be disconnected for 60 seconds, then re-booted.This is to stop malware known as VPNFilter. Do the knowledgeable ones among us think this is sensible advice or not ?
 Router Reboot - VxFan
www.symantec.com/blogs/threat-intelligence/vpnfilter-iot-malware

www.cnet.com/news/cnet-magazine-keegan-michael-key-mars-mission-telemedicine-summer-2018/

Router Reboot - smokie
I wasn't up to date on this but here is a fairly comprehensive article, which explains why the 60 second power off can be beneficial, and in itself that makes absolute sense.

www.symantec.com/blogs/threat-intelligence/vpnfilter-iot-malware

However there are only a specific range of hardware items affected, and only if they are still using default config.

So unless you have one of those devices and fulfill the other conditions the 60 second reboot is a waste of time.

And if you do have one of those devices, while the 60 second reboot will considerably reduce the threat it's only very temporary, so the advice to reset to factory defaults and make sure it has the latest updates is more useful
 Router Reboot - Duncan
O.K. What is the link between you two?

Simultaneous posts at 02.01a.m.?
 Router Reboot - smokie
Well I don't know what Dave's story was but I was not long back from seeing the Stones at Southampton. I'd decided not to go as the tickets were quite expensive but more significantly I didn't think I'd ever improve on the last time I saw them in 2016 in California, but when they issued lucky dip tickets at £30 I thought it'd be rude not to.

You didn't know where in the venue you'd be until collected your tickets on arrival, when you chose an envelope once they'd verified your details. I got Pit B, the small area right alongside the stage and walkway - normally something over £400! Quite special...
 Router Reboot - Duncan
The Stones are at Twickenham in July, should anyone be interested.
 Router Reboot - smokie
..also at other places Duncan. Coventry, Manchester, Cardiff and Edinburgh. Then some foreign dates.

Lucky dip still available in Cardiff. If you look at the plan on that page I was in Pit B last night at St Mary's stadium.

www.axs.com/uk/series/6030/the-rolling-stones-uk-tour-2018-tickets

Router Reboot - VxFan
>> Well I don't know what Dave's story was

I'd been to a music concert after some bloke got me some knock off tickets at £30 a pop ;)
Latest Forum Posts