Computer Related > Tablet protector Buying / Selling
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 4

Tablet protector - legacylad
The plastic pegs on my Logitech ( with wireless keyboard) cover for my iPad Air1snapped recently so that was a good excuse to buy a replacement cover/case.
I could have bought something dirt cheap, but with the money I’ve saved with my RAC ( reduced ale consumption) policy these past few weeks I bought an Otter Defender.
Not cheap as chips. Circa £40. But as it’s often carried around in a backpack and often rammed into carry on luggage I thought it worth a go.
Suffice to say it’s a splendid piece of kit and highly recommended.
 Tablet protector - No FM2R
How well does the GPS work through it?

I had a very good one for my phone, I really liked it. But it properly boggered up the GPS signal and weakened the WiFi signal considerably.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 18 Jun 18 at 23:35
No noticeable difference to the strength of the WiFi signal
Dunno about the GPS....being a Luddite I’ve no idea what function it has on my iPad. Assume the function is there if I downloaded maps and carried it around on a walk ?
I still use paper maps and a compass when I go off backpacking as I’m more comfortable living in the Stone Age when it comes to that particular leisure activity
 Tablet protector - rtj70
>> Dunno about the GPS....being a Luddite I’ve no idea what function it has on my iPad

Unless your iPad is the WiFi + Cellular version it won't have GPS. The GPS is part of the chipset providing the cellular connectivity.
Thanks for that info rtj. You learn something new every day. But (I) lose a lot more!
My iPad Air1 isn’t the cellular version.
Ruddy N Rail strike today, I wondered why there were no passengers on the platform at Settle @8:45. Next train to Ribblehead is 10:22 so delayed start to my training regime.
Latest Forum Posts