Computer Related > Continuity tester Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 9

Continuity tester - Ambo
Can anyone suggest a simple tester please? I don't need a multimeter, just something to test fuses (although it would be useful if it incorporated a battery voltmeter).

This one looks handy for just pen circuits but how does it work without a battery?

www.zoro.co.uk/cart/

Continuity tester - Bromptonaut
>> Can anyone suggest a simple tester please?

Link doesn't appear to show the item mentioned. A basic multimeter would do the job and is around a tenner from Screwfix.
 Continuity tester - sherlock47
A link that works!
www.zoro.co.uk/shop/automotive/circuit-testers/standard-circuit-tester-6-12v/p/ZT1017934X

You are better off with something like
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silverline-Digital-Multimeter-AC-DC-AP589681/400714766993?epid=577988896&hash=item5d4c761a91:g:2mYAAMXQ3kNTfxa0

for less money if you can work out how to use it. You get what pay for!
 Continuity tester - Zero
Yes I was looking at that ZT101, and it can only work with a battery or power source of some kind if its on non live circuits
 Continuity tester - bathtub tom
>>You are better off with something like
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silverline-Digital-Multimeter-AC-DC-AP589681/400714766993?epid=577988896&hash=item5d4c761a91:g:2mYAAMXQ3kNTfxa0

I've got something that looks identical to that, perfectly adequate. Unfortunately one of the connections pushed into the case , so I thought I'd take it apart. Simple enough to re-solder, but there's all these tiny, brass bridges on the rotary switch that fell out!
Don't take one apart unless you're prepared to spend ages putting it back together.
 Continuity tester - Zero
>> >>You are better off with something like
>> www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silverline-Digital-Multimeter-AC-DC-AP589681/400714766993?epid=577988896&hash=item5d4c761a91:g:2mYAAMXQ3kNTfxa0
>>
>> I've got something that looks identical to that, perfectly adequate. Unfortunately one of the connections
>> pushed into the case , so I thought I'd take it apart. Simple enough to
>> re-solder, but there's all these tiny, brass bridges on the rotary switch that fell out!
>> Don't take one apart unless you're prepared to spend ages putting it back together.

You dont try and fix something that cost 6 quid!
 Continuity tester - bathtub tom
>>You dont try and fix something that cost 6 quid!

I bought it years ago, I think it was only 4 quid. I'm a poor pensioner.
 Continuity tester - Ambo
Thanks, all. I will try a cheap Silverline
 Continuity tester - VxFan
>> You dont try and fix something that cost 6 quid!

I do, but purely because I have an interest in electronics. I've even repaired a few of my cheapo solar lights in the garden just because I enjoy tinkering.
 Continuity tester - No FM2R
>> I've even repaired a few of my cheapo solar lights in the garden just because I enjoy tinkering.

I've repaired Poundshop stuff, Christmas cracker stuff, Blackbushe and Finmere market stuff etc. etc.

Tinkering is fun.
Latest Forum Posts