Computer Related > "System Warning" Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 8

"System Warning" - Ambo
This is a new scam on me. Online, work is held up by a message under the MS flag symbol followed by the heading System Warning, then "Your Windows system is damaged...all system files are automatically deleted" after a shrinking interval, and a clocking device
showing time left.

Clicking this message out of the way merely gives two more and the game goes on and on, with various other threatening messages bearing dire threats. The only way out is to logoff and on against, but this only gives temporary escape.

Malwarebytes and MS Security Essentials both give clear results. How can I get rid of this nuisance please?
 "System Warning" - bathtub tom
Googling "Your Windows system is damaged...all system files are automatically deleted" gives several options.
Have you tried any of them?
 "System Warning" - Zero
if you search for this all the "solutions" involve installed thier own brand of anti malware rubbish that merely clogs up your computer.

This is a browser redirect exploit, all you need to do is reset to basic any browser you are using.

"System Warning" - Ambo
No, because the message contained "Your system is infected with 3 viruses..." and Google says it is false and can be ignored.

"System Warning" - No FM2R
>>This is a browser redirect exploit, all you need to do is reset to basic any browser you are using.

I should think this is correct. What happens if you use a different browser as a test?

This should help you...

www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/security/how-remove-browser-redirect-virus-3499499/

I also find that HijackThis can be helpful at times..

www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/hijackthis/
hijackthis.en.softonic.com/
 "System Warning" - Ambo
I did what you suggested, Zero, but I have l lost access via the toolbar that included e.g. Favorites. How can that be re-installed?
 "System Warning" - Zero
Alas everything would have to go to remove the exploit, but you should still have your bookmarks to re-import.

What browser was it?
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 3 Dec 18 at 15:45
 "System Warning" - Ambo
IE 11
 "System Warning" - Ambo
Thanks for all hints but I shifted to Chrome and that seems to have worked.
Latest Forum Posts