Computer Related > Failed iPlayer on TV Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 10

Failed iPlayer on TV - Ambo
I can get BBC iPlayer on my computer and could on my TV. However, all I can get on the TV now after connecting with its app is a static "Loading" message which can be left for fifteen minutes and never load. All the other apps on the TV work normally. What is likely to be the cause of the failure in the BBC case?
 Failed iPlayer on TV - Falkirk Bairn
How old is the TV?
Have you updated the TV's software lately?
That's the 1st thing I would try.

I have has issues with my TV (2.5 - 3 years old) & my Skyq (about 3.5 yrs old) - upgrading to the latest levels has cured the problems of hanging, not finding channels etc etc
 Failed iPlayer on TV - Manatee
Does this help - relates directly to Samsungs, but could help with other makes.

www.which.co.uk/news/2019/03/what-to-do-if-your-samsung-tv-has-lost-access-to-iplayer/
 Failed iPlayer on TV - VxFan
>> all I can get on the TV now after connecting with its app is a static
>> "Loading" message which can be left for fifteen minutes and never load.

I get that occasionally with my Amazon Firestick. A quick reboot always clears it. Have you tried switching the TV off and back on again at the mains?
 Failed iPlayer on TV - Zero
Putting it back to factory state is a good place to start. It forces a re-install of the apps, and clears the cache.
Thanks for hints. The TV is a Panasonic Viera 40" model 4ODX600B, installed 16/02/2007. Turning on and off makes no difference. I will try the other hints but there was no manual with the set so I will see if I can find a pdf version.
 Failed iPlayer on TV - Zero
2007? 12 years old? If that is the case I would suggest its software is probably out of support.

Anyway - try this

power cycle the TV by unplugging it from the mains for at least a minute to refresh the system, then plug it back in. Turn the TV on again and perform a soft reset by going to Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. The default PIN is 0000. Please note that all settings will revert back to default.
Sorry, that should have been 2017. (A secondary, non-smart set was 2007.)
 Failed iPlayer on TV - tyrednemotional
How long has the problem been there?

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/smart-tv-and-games-console-issues/panasonic-loading
I first experienced it a week ago but that was my first attempt for several months, so the problem could have been there much earlier. Thanks for the link.
 Failed iPlayer on TV - tyrednemotional
....though it doesn't say so on that link, cross-references to it indicate that it refers to August this year.
Latest Forum Posts