Computer Related > Pop Ups Computing Issues
Thread Author: Robbie34 Replies: 6

Pop Ups - Robbie34
I keep getting these pop ups that come from Microsoft and are a nuisance. They pop up before I open Chrome and often stop Chrome from opening. When this happens I have to open Task Manager and end Google Crash Handler as well as Google Chrome on Task Manager.

Does anyone know how I can permanently stop these?
 Pop Ups - No FM2R
Pop ups from Microsoft - Are you sure? What do they say?
 Pop Ups - Zero
they sound like windows error messages, and it seems likely they come from an issue with chrome. Delete chrome from your system and reinstall.
 Pop Ups - Robbie34
They are not error messages and they appear without a browser running and just getting emails. They also appear on E. Some are in Russian. I even get some from Netflix.

I'll do a search on Google and see if I can solve the problem
 Pop Ups - No FM2R
I'm guessing it's some kind of Adware trying to redirect you. Don't forget, getting emails is still an internet connection, just without a browser.

A free Panda Cloud-Scan will get pretty much everything. Def. free and def. safe. They do have paid products, but you don't want them.

www.pandasecurity.com/en/homeusers/solutions/cloud-cleaner/

Click on Scan Now
Save the file
Run the file
Yes to allow it to make changes
Next to allow it to install
Next to allow it to choose a directory
Finish to run

Run that and see what you get.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 7 Nov 19 at 12:36
 Pop Ups - Robbie34
After a lengthy search I have cracked it.

Go to settings - Notifications - Turn off bottom three items.
 Pop Ups - Bromptonaut
>> Go to settings - Notifications - Turn off bottom three items.

I thought it might be that but clearly there are others here with more IT knowledge.

Notifications are a bit of a menace. I'm OK getting them from Facebook and its professional counterpart Workplace. Not wanted from most other sources but a 'pop up' that says 'Allow Notifications Yes/No' seems to come up on more and more sites.

Some months ago, on my work PC I accessed site of a local newspaper in Shetland. Can't remember if there was something work related; may have been in innovative way of delivering foodbank services in v rural area OTOH maybe something around my personal love for remote bits of Scotland.

Whichever, I foolishly allowed notifications. For a week or two I knew more about disruptions to Shetland ferry than I thought possible....
Latest Forum Posts