Computer Related > Big Blue Computing Issues
Thread Author: Kevin Replies: 11

Big Blue - Kevin
Yay!!

Rometty is heading for the door! It's only taken them 8 years to work out that she was driving the company into the ground. Good riddance!
 Big Blue - Zero
>> Yay!!
>>
>> Rometty is heading for the door! It's only taken them 8 years to work out
>> that she was driving the company into the ground. Good riddance!

I doubt anyone has had such a consistent record of failure over such a sustained period of time and been so well rewarded for it.

www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-01-31/ginni-romettys-tarnished-record-ibm

Last edited by: Zero on Fri 31 Jan 20 at 21:36
 Big Blue - Falkirk Bairn

As long as my Pension goes in on the 6th of the month the comings & goings of the upper echelons means very little to me.

Sold the shares years ago.
 Big Blue - Zero
Dont forget the company has to top up the pension pot from time to time, Anyway she only carried on what shifty sam started, gave a shed load of us an early pension, which thinned out your pension increases!
 Big Blue - Kevin
>Sold the shares years ago.

I should have sold mine when they were over $200 a few years ago. They've been bouncing around in the $130s recently. Jumped over $10 since Ginni announced she's getting on her broomstick though and quarterly ex-dividend is due at the end of this week.
Should really dump them later this year and move the money somewhere with better growth; or buy a Lamborghini.
 Big Blue - Mike H
>>
>> As long as my Pension goes in on the 6th of the month the comings
>> & goings of the upper echelons means very little to me.

Ditto. Where were you based FB, Greenock?
 Big Blue - Falkirk Bairn
>>Where were you based FB, Greenock?
No - Glasgow & Edinburgh

I was told that 21 St Andrews Sq is lying empty, neglected and looking worse as time goes on.

I have not seen it myself as I have walking difficulties (Chemo neuropathy) so I don't go anywhere where I cannot park at a reasonable price. The centre of Edinburgh has extortionate parking charges.

I have seen, however, Spango Valley or rather the bomb site that is to become houses.
 Big Blue - Zero
>> >>Where were you based FB, Greenock?
>> No - Glasgow & Edinburgh
>>
>> I was told that 21 St Andrews Sq is lying empty, neglected and looking worse
>> as time goes on.

Was last there in 2006, fine old building it was.

>> I have seen, however, Spango Valley or rather the bomb site that is to become
>> houses.

Was last there in 2008, everything to the right was a bomb site, with just the two modern buildings to the left. The station has now been closed. Lord knows why, if they are building a small town of houses there, why not keep the station?
 Big Blue - Bobby
Back in the 80s I worked for a while in Scottish Equitable in St Andrews Square. Number 28 springs to mind. They had two offices either side of the entrance to the bus station.

Coincidentally later on in the late 90s when I was at Safeway I coordinated the conversion of the Presto store to Safeway that was in the St James centre!
 Big Blue - Kevin
Ginni's parting gift:

GTS and GBS UK&I both about to take big RA hits, supposedly including those in her "Strategic Imperatives".
 Big Blue - Zero
Gotta love em, only that company could change one word into two and then acronym it.
 Big Blue - Kevin
Ginni has to make do with a 15% pay rise for 2019 despite masterminding a huge rise in company revenue of 0.1%.

www.theregister.co.uk/2020/03/10/ibms_outgoing_boss_rometty_awarded_20m_in_2019_performance/
Latest Forum Posts