Computer Related > Apple 2 factor authentication and another device Computing Issues
Thread Author: martin aston Replies: 3

Apple 2 factor authentication and another device - martin aston
I set up a new iPad today and took up 2 factor authentication. Apple confirmed by email. A few minutes later my wife also got the same confirmation on her email.

However we have separate Apple IDs, passwords and email addresses. All we share is the hub.

I can't see anything on Apple support about this. Has anyone on here have any idea what I (Or Apple) may have done to inadvertently add this to her Apple account? I will probably just leave it unless it's a deeper issue I need to have resolved between our accounts.
 Apple 2 factor authentication and another device - VxFan
Have you set it up for Family sharing?

www.apple.com/uk/family-sharing/
 Apple 2 factor authentication and another device - martin aston
Vx thanks for the suggestion. We certainly haven’t actively set Family Sharing up. In fact I turned off most of the offered things like iCloud when I set it up.

Looking through the settings menus family sharing doesn’t seem to be one of the offered options on the latest software. Instead you go to it from the thing you want to share. But rooting around settings I don’t see anything odd.

Still a mystery.
 Apple 2 factor authentication and another device - car4play
I'd log into your iCloud account and check the devices that are registered to it. Clear out any old devices you don't use any more etc.
Latest Forum Posts