Computer Related > This site not working on phone? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 12

This site not working on phone? - BobbyG
Can usually browse this site on Nokia N95 3G on train home. However tonight every time it was loading it would get to a certain point and then kicking me out.
HJ used to do similar , is this due to adverts loading?
Any takers on this? Whether I try to access this site through 3G or wifi, it loads up to a certain degree and then just kicks me out?
 This site not working on phone? - Zero
OK on Iphone
 This site not working on phone? - car4play
Same here.
 This site not working on phone? - Vicar of Bray
ok on an e63 in the far east
 This site not working on phone? - Vicar of Bray
sorry it seemed to lock up and caused a double post
 This site not working on phone? - rtj70
Well it doesn't work for BobbyG on a Nokia N95 and I've just checked my e51 and it crashes the browser as it loads.
Rattle, are you about, do you not have the same phone as me, the N95 - does this site work for you on the phone?

Rob, you are more technical than me, sorry LOADS more technical than me, what would cause the browser to crash - is it adverts? Used to happen a lot on HJ but have just tried HJ and it works fine but when try to load this site, it gets as far as 429kb and then crashes?
It crashes as it loads. Not checked what object loading but I suspect it's Stephen's new widget approach for the latest forum posts on the right. Maybe Stephen could comment.

I can't find the version of browser on my e51 but it is the built in browser from Nokia. I suppose I could try Opera.
 This site not working on phone? - Zero
the Iphone uses opera and works ok, so that might be a plan.
Funny you mention that. Popped over to opera and downloaded opera and the site is working fine on my Nokia e51.

Originally posted this on the e51... now editing on the Mac.

The site from the phone is m.opera.com. I downloaded Opera 10 for Symbian. There is also Opera Mini 5.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Wed 17 Mar 10 at 16:27
Rob, thanks for that info. Might download it if I feel the need to browse this site warrants it.
 This site not working on phone? - RattleandSmoke
I have an N85 but sadly its been sent off to repair so I haven't been able to test it. It sort off worked on my LG touch screen thing but the phone is a pile of crap so I can't say for sure.
Latest Forum Posts