Computer Related > Apple TV via firestick Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 10

Apple TV via firestick - Manatee
I was delighted to find there is an Apple TV app for for firestic but I am having problems.

It loads up, I signed in using my old Apple ID, and it even let me 'try it free' so I watched the first episode of Slow Horses.

Trouble is when I try to subscribe the connection simply fails and tells me to try later. This also fails. I tried using my phone to subscribe but get the same message.

I haven't tried using mobile data. My concern is that even if it works, the firestic app will still fail authentication when connected through my router.

It's a bit smart Hub 2. I would have tried changing DNS, but that is not allowed. I'm actually on Plusnet.

I think it might be something to do with my connection but I'm stuck. Googling suggests this has happened to others but has not yielded a working solution for me. TV is a 4 year old smart Panasonic (no Apple TV app available so far as I can see).

Any ideas? Has it happened to anyone else?
 Apple TV via firestick - Biggles
Perhaps someone now has the details for your Apple ID and has no further interest in providing any service to you.
I'm not sure there's much they can do with it at this point.
 Apple TV via firestick - Falkirk Bairn
Had problems with the Firestick - logged in but failed to play - 2 years old.

Switched the power off, re-booted and all was well.
I'll give it another go with full disconnect. I've tried restarting both phone and router. I suspect it's a port thing but the BT hub is not easy to fiddle with. If I can find the router Plusnet sent me 2 years ago I might try that although it's just the same router in white plastic instead of black.
 Apple TV via firestick - Falkirk Bairn
There are software updates for Firesticks at least once in the year.
Download the update and then a re-boot.

Cannot say it will cure your issues BUT worth a try.

Thanks FB. It appears to be up to date.

I've just realised I'm using 2 Ubiqiti access points rather than the router wifi. I wonder if that is messing it up.
Last edited by: Manatee on Tue 2 Jan 24 at 14:22
After a deal of faffing as I did not have the credentials for the APs, I have reset, reconfigured and updated them and I am still getting the same useless response with Apple TV. I go right through the payment carry on, approve it in my banking app, and then the authentication fails to complete.

I gave up with Apple products and services years ago because I found them anything but user-friendly. So nothing's changed.
 Apple TV via firestick - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>>
>> I gave up with Apple products and services years ago because I found them anything
>> but user-friendly. So nothing's changed.
>>

You're not kidding. I've been trying to restart my Apple sub to watch Slow Horses and it came up "Password not recognised". So I went to the reset password link, typed in a new password and got the same response. Three attempts later I gave up.
 Apple TV via firestick - Zero
And people wonder why it gets pirated via kodi on a firestick........
Never discovered what was causing it, but in the end a friend gave me an Apple TV box. Being Apple, it took me half an hour to work out how to use the remote but I am now up and running.

Slow Horses is a truly excellent production, helped of course by Mick Herron's original stories. Far better than the glacially slow TV thrillers that have become the staple in recent years.
Latest Forum Posts