Computer Related > Flash download. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: FotheringtonTomas Replies: 10

Flash download. - FotheringtonTomas
Why is it so tediously slow? It's only a couple of MB.
 Flash download. - Tooslow
You need to wet the string? It's competing with other downloads (virus scanner maybe?)

Mine flashed down (groan!).

John
 Flash download. - Focusless
>> Mine flashed down (groan!).

Perhaps that's it - everyone's doing it?
It's taken over 2 hours to download 1.7MB. Mothing is doing any serious read or write. The CPU is virtually idle. Other test downloads complete quickly. A "speed test" shows reasonable performance. This should take seconds - pausing and restarting the d/l speeds things up (for a few seconds) from hundreds of bytes per second to 1-2KB/sec.
 Flash download. - rtj70
It's Adobe slowing it down on purpose. Try another source.
Well. After keeping clicking "pause" "resume" it eventually got up to the heady speed of 11.1KB/sec for the last 10% of the file. I bet the transfer's busted due tall that clickety-clicking.
 Flash download. - RattleandSmoke
I've had this problem before it is a very annoying when I have already quoted for a job, it can delay me. Although the longest it has taken for me is about ten minutes.

Now HP printer drivers installation that is another matter.
 Flash download. - rtj70
Rattle, is it not possible to download a full install and take it on a flash drive? I know this won't help FT but you might visit someone with dialup ;-)
 Flash download. - RattleandSmoke
The problem is recently adobe changed the system and it now downloads it once you have downloaded the installer. Is their still a standalone version? I haven't given it much thought.

Downloaded again just now - in a good deal less than 1 second.
 Flash download. - Stuartli
Downloaded both the latest this morning. Total time for both was about two and a half seconds.....
Latest Forum Posts