Computer Related > Computer artwork Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 10

Computer artwork - MD
...and where does one start? If I wanted for example the words for a heading and I wanted a certain appearance (not specifically font style) how does one go about it? For example the words Condensation Control with drips hanging off of the words. Get the picture? If one cannot find it on the net then I presume that it has to be drawn freehand and then scanned or photographed. Am I on the right lines?

Regards..........Martin.
 Computer artwork - sherlock47
www.shutterstock.com/pic-51650290/stock-vector-pure-water-elements-set-drops-puddle-drip-bubble.html

www.clipartguide.com/_pages/0511-1001-2417-4823.html

www.fontspace.com/category/dripping page 3 probably the most usable -Yurine!

Just some ideas for you. The fonts are probably not ideal, I would approach it (if it is only for a limited one off amount of text ) by using photoshop (or similar) and cutting and pasting drops from another jpg file into an image of the text.
Last edited by: pmh on Sat 13 Nov 10 at 10:43
 Computer artwork - MD
Thank you Sir.
 Computer artwork - MD
Scuse my hopless comp skills, but I have downloaded the suggested font, but what do I have to do to use it. It obviously doesn't appear in 'Fonts' and these things leave me stumped. It has come in as a zip in winrar or something.
First unzip the file and save the .ttf file somewher you can find it!
(If you cannot unzip use Google to find and install a copy of Winzip).

Then follow the instructions

To install a font, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type the following command, and then click OK:
%windir%fonts
3. On the File menu, click Install New Font.
4. In the Drives box, click the drive that contains the font that you want to add.

Note The floppy disk drive is typically drive A or drive B. The CD drive is typically drive D.
5. In the Folders box, click the folder that contains the font that you want to add, and then click OK.
6. In the List of fonts box, click the font that you want to add. To select more than one font at a time, press and hold the CTRL key while you select each font.
7. Click to select the Copy Fonts To Fonts Folder check box. The new font is saved in the WindowsFonts folder.
8. Click OK.
 Computer artwork - Iffy
...For example the words Condensation Control with drips hanging off of the words...

Apologies in advance if you have a flair for this sort of thing, but it's very easy for amateurs to over-do the special effects.

The result is often messy, cluttered and just plain, er, amateurish.

Less is often more when it comes to graphic design.

My first port of call would be to get a quote from a professional.

Sounds to me as if this is right up BBD's street.

The likes of him could rough out something in 20 minutes which would be infinitely superior to something you or I might spend hours on.
 Computer artwork - Fenlander
Or ask a 13yr old...

My youngest does this sort of thing for fun in minutes... with the way ICT is studied at school they can run rings round us old'uns.
 Computer artwork - MD
Yeah Yeah....................Don't rub it in .0)
 Computer artwork - Zero
Wait for BBD to arrive, this is his ballgame.
 Computer artwork - Iffy
...Wait for BBD to arrive, this is his ballgame...

Or ping him an email - there's an address in his profile.

The Yurine font looks pretty good in 66pt but upper case only.

Latest Forum Posts