Computer Related > Problem with Vista bootup Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dr Prunesqualler Replies: 2

Problem with Vista bootup - Dr Prunesqualler
My laptop, running Vista, takes a fair while to load. I have discovered from the event logger that this is due to it looking for 2 programs which are no longer installed. There is no mention of them in list of programs that are supposed to automatically load at boot up (as shown in MSConfig) and the programs themselves are not on the hard disc. Also there are no entries showing when I run the Uninstall programs utility from the control panel.

I have searched in the registry and there are about 4 references to each of them.
I have run Registry Mechanic to try to eradicate them with no joy. CCleaner did also not remove them. I did notice though Registry Mechanic did find over 1000 ‘issues’ after CCleaner had claimed to have cleaned things up.
One of the programs is something called DU Meter and the other is a utility from an HP printer. (Don’t know if this is relevant)

Am I safe to just delete these entries from the registry or is this likely to cause all sorts of issues?
Is there another method to stop these programs from trying to load?
 Problem with Vista bootup - Zero
Make a backup of your registry, and then delete them.
 Problem with Vista bootup - Focusless
>> Make a backup of your registry, and then delete them.

If that doesn't work you could try (re-?)installing the programs then uninstalling them.
Latest Forum Posts