Computer Related > Wii-compatible games Miscellaneous
Thread Author: hobby Replies: 5

Wii-compatible games - hobby
We've just become owners of a Wii... I would like a nice basic driving game but the only one that I can see that fits the bill and is affordable is one that has Ferraris in it... Now I'd like a choice of other cars but the only games I can see which have that are not for the Wii Console...

So, is there any other games from other consoles which will work without any messing around... i.e. stick it in and play?!
 Wii-compatible games - Zero
No
 Wii-compatible games - spamcan61
>> No
>>
Yes - the Wii has slots for GameCube games, although I've yet to meet a Wii owner that's actually used one to play Gamecube games. So maybe there's a GameCube game that's suitable.

Alternatively round my way CEX stores have second hand computer games at reasonable prices.
 Wii-compatible games - Focusless
>> Yes - the Wii has slots for GameCube games

You can also download games for other (old) consoles from the Wii Channel:

"Nintendo's Virtual Console is making the greatest video game archive in history available for the Wii console. Download many of your favorite NES, SNES, N64, Arcade, Commodore 64, NEOGEO, Sega Genesis, Sega Master System and TurboGrafx 16 titles and relive those happy memories all over again!"

www.nintendo.com/wii/online/virtualconsole/

I think my son downloaded and played one, can't remember which though.
 Wii-compatible games - Zero
In truth they are for nostalgia reasons only.
 Wii-compatible games - BiggerBadderDave
Someone bought me a Wii a couple of years ago. Games aren't my cup of tea but it has given the family a lot of fun. I fancied a driving game but didn't want to race round circuits or anything and I bought "Driver" in the end. It's set in New York in the 70s, you're a drug runner and small time criminal who is set certain tasks by the criminal underworld. I never bother playing any of that crap though I just like to drive around NY trying out different muscle cars, knocking over trash cans, shooting the occasional cop to make them chase you. Mowing people down... tearing through Central Park... they leave ramps here and there so you can do jumps. If you're really badly behaved, they send in the SWAT helicopter but you can shoot it down by hiding behind trees and taking pot-shots at it. You can earn money to spend doing the car up, adding nitro, making it bullet proof etc.
Latest Forum Posts