Computer Related > wifi printer Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 2

wifi printer - Old Navy
We have a Canon MP560 wifi printer which occasionally does not connect to Mrs ON's laptop via our wifi network. I have plugged it into the laptop with a USB cable, and it did the "loading drivers" bit, although it had them already, is this liable to cause a conflict between USB and wifi? The laptop is used as a desktop and it can remain wired to the printer. I use the wifi to print from my netbook or laptop.
 wifi printer - RattleandSmoke
I have a knack of fixing this but it involves changing the IP address within the drivers itself a bit too difficult to explain here. I suspect the problem is not the drivers though but just the router not doing its job properly.

The USB drivers won't conflict but you will have two lots of drivers, one for the wifi and one for USB. Does the printer have an Ethernet port? I find it a lot more reliable to use Ethernet rather than wifi on printers.

Also find DHCP on printers don't work very well so make sure you the printer has a static IP address. In fact give everything on the network a static IP and it will reduce the chance of this happening again.

wifi printer - Tooslow
I think, and I may be wrong, that my Canon printer / scanner thing will connect by one method or the other. So if you've chosen USB then wireless won't work & vice versa. Though I may be wrong. I have been before, it could happen again.

John
Latest Forum Posts