Computer Related > Sunday Updates Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 10

Sunday Updates - Pat
I automatically downloded updates from Microsoft on Sunday morning and the tesxt on web pages went enormous.
I used system restore and went back to a Saturday restore poiunt and everything is fine.
When I looked to see what the update was it was a Service Pack 4 relating to a MySQL Server or something similar.
I have hidden it, but do I really need it and should I have another go?

Pat
 Sunday Updates - Tooslow
'twas MS SQL server 2005 SP4. It seems harmless on my netbook (XP Home).

Did you try tweaking the text size back to what you like? (Page button, Text size)? I'm assuming IE.

John
 Sunday Updates - Zero
its fine on my machine too

Sunday Updates - Pat
I did try, but it was only on web pages, and it made everything else far too small.

What does it do and what is MySQL?

Pat
 Sunday Updates - Duncan

www.mysql.com/

What does it do and what is MySQL?
>>
>> Pat
>>
 Sunday Updates - Tooslow
Mine showed as MicroSoft SQL. You wouldn't get MySQL from a MS patch update. "It was only on web pages". Assuming you're using IE go to the page tab on the toolbar at the top over to the right and select text size. It only affects font size in IE.

John
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 1 Feb 11 at 10:14
 Sunday Updates - John H
>> Mine showed as MicroSoft SQL. You wouldn't get MySQL from a MS patch update. "It
>> was only on web pages". Assuming you're using IE go to the page tab on
>> the toolbar at the top over to the right and select text size. It only
>> affects ffont size in IE.

support.microsoft.com/kb/2463332
This article contains information about the bugs that are fixed in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 4 (SP4).

Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 1 Feb 11 at 10:14
 Sunday Updates - spamcan61
This is what MS SQL server 2005 does:

"Microsoft SQL Server 2005 is a comprehensive, integrated data management and analysis software that enables organizations to reliably manage mission-critical information and confidently run today’s increasingly complex business applications. SQL Server 2005 allows companies to gain greater insight from their business information and achieve faster results for a competitive advantage."

So I'm a bit baffled as to why Pat's home PC is running it.
 Sunday Updates - Zero
Its a database server. If you load some third party programs that catalogue things, they will install the basics of MS SQL server.

SQL

Structured Query Language
 Sunday Updates - Pat
>>So I'm a bit baffled as to why Pat's home PC is running it. <<

So am I.

I tried it agian this morning and it downloaded witout any problems, but I still don't know why I need it.

Pat
 Sunday Updates - John H
>> I tried it agian this morning and it downloaded witout any problems, but I still
>> don't know why I need it.
>>

I thought Zero explained why you have it.
Latest Forum Posts