Computer Related > Unable to download iTunes software Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 7

Unable to download iTunes software - VxFan
Just bought an iPhone4, but for the life of me I cannot download iTunes to my PC.

I goto the download page, get asked whether I want to run or save the download, and informed that it's a 78MB sized file. But when I download it all I get is a 327KB sized file.

Same happens if I just try running it instead of saving it.

It's getting late now. Will try and download it to the laptop instead later today. In the meantime if you've got any suggestions, or an alternate location I can try downloading it, then I'd be grateful for your help.
 Unable to download iTunes software - Perky Penguin
I am NO computer buff as many of you know! However I think that the 327KB file you have downloaded (icon on your desktop?) in just a route into the full download, best way I can describe it! Double click on that and you should get into the 78Mb real thing. That's my recollection of how it worked for me a few weeks ago,
 Unable to download iTunes software - BobbyG
Dave, go into add/remove programs and see if you have itunes there? It also usually comes with Quicktime player I think, see if that is there as well? That will also tell you file sizes?
 Unable to download iTunes software - Hard Cheese

I have just looked, when I last installed iTunes a few weeks ago I saved the .exe file (rather than to run it directly) and then instlled it locally, the file I have is 78.2MB and is version 10.1.2.17.

I cannot recall however whether I initially dowloaded a smalller file as PP says.

Unable to download iTunes software - Focusless
I just went to iTunes and started a download, and got the full 78Mb, no downloader (using XP/Firefox). Might depend on browser?
 Unable to download iTunes software - Zero
I go to apple, click on download itunes, and it downloads a 78mb file.

itunessetup.exe

(chrome)
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 28 Feb 11 at 09:13
 Unable to download iTunes software - smokie
Try deleting temporary internet files then download again.
 Unable to download iTunes software - VxFan
After a bit of perseverance and some googling I found an alternate download link. Still not sure why the one directly on the iTunes site didn't work. Thanks for all your suggestions though.

I then made the mistake of connecting the phone to the PC at 2:30am. After answering several questions, I ended up going to be at 3:20am. Got up at 7:20am for work, only for my mum to trip over something in her bedroom and break her arm and crack a bone in her nose just before I was leaving for work. Spent most of the day at A&E with her and then helping her around the house when we got back. Not had much chance to play with my new toy yet.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 1 Mar 11 at 01:07
Latest Forum Posts