Computer Related > Size of font problem Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 15

Size of font problem - Pat
On our forums there is the facility to make specific words large or huge font by using this: [size=24][/size]

I have been nagging our webmaster for weeks because it doesn't nwork.
Yesterday he made an irate post in our private forum, saying it works for him and posted an example: HUGE

The example is normal size on my screen.

I got Ian's laptop and looked at the post on there and the example is HUGE.

This morning I tried another website using this system and found it didn't work for me on that one either.

Now where do I start to solve this one please?

Pat
 Size of font problem - rtj70
What browser and what version of Windows? Have you tried a different browser on your computer?
Vista Home Premium and IE8

I have tried various browsers but always come back to IE because I like it!

I'm too stubborn to accept the easy way out and would prefer to solve the problem if possible too...that's how I learn a bit here and there.

Pat
 Size of font problem - Focusless
>> Vista Home Premium and IE8

What about Ian's laptop, where it worked?
 Size of font problem - Zero
Click

Tools

Internet Options

General Tab

Accessibility button

Is the "ignore f o n t s i z e s " or "ignore font styles" boxes ticked?

Last edited by: Zero on Mon 28 Feb 11 at 09:27
'ignore f********s' was ticked, so I have unticked it and will go and try it again....but the font on here as gone very small now.

Pat
Last edited by: pda on Mon 28 Feb 11 at 11:07
Thanks Z, that's cured it BUT I now have tiny text on all websites and can't increase it.

Pat
 Size of font problem - John Eva
Have you adjusted the zoom or text size in your browser?

Click veiw and you will see both these options Zoom should be 100% and and text size should be medium.

Of course you can then adjust as you need, if you want it larger ect. But leave the box inticked for ignore fnt size/type in your browser options.

Last edited by: John Eva on Mon 28 Feb 11 at 11:18
Pat you now have the CORRECT f o n t sizes for your web pages, but somehow you got pointed down the wrong path to make it more visible.

Hold the ctrl button and + to increase the pages to aid visibility. They will be bigger but properly rendered with all the font options.
Ah ok, you probably got that box ticked in an attempt to improve the f******** on this site.

That's cured it:)

Thanks both.

Pat
 Size of font problem - Fursty Ferret
Trying desperately to find the innuendo in the words "f ont s ize" but have drawn a blank. Any suggestions?
Struggle no longer

There is none.

The word is banned because is an HTML tag (web page language) for making HUGE great fonts in your postings on here.

many similar tags, such as inserting fancy graphics and cartoons are in the sin bin
 Size of font problem - Fursty Ferret
>> Struggle no longer
>>
>> There is none.
>>

Disappointed now.
Yeah, you were hoping to call someone a xxx font!
I gave up on that one too.

But I just thought it was the sheltered life I'd led.

Pat
Latest Forum Posts