Computer Related > Upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 - like a new m/c Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 5

Upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 - like a new m/c - Falkirk Bairn
Just upgraded from Vista - the Vista failed a few weeks back - it would not boot - got that fixed but still it gave the odd niggle - hanging / dying at odd times.

Installed Win 7 and it appears that my computer has sprung to life - 2 Gb memory only and using 32-bit Win 7 and it flies.
 Upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 - like a new m/c - Hard Cheese

Vista is very memory and CPU intensive compared to XP or 7.

Upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 - like a new m/c - Fenlander
My recent new laptop came with Windows 7 which is fine... wondered if it might be an improvement on our 3yr old desktop with 32bit Vista Home Premium.

I can get Windows 7 Pro via school discounts for £39.... or 7 Ultimate for £59. It appears to say Ultimate is the correct match to auto transfer everything over from Vista Home Premium??
 Upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 - like a new m/c - John H
>> I can get Windows 7 Pro via school discounts for £39....

www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=windows+7+upgrade

Upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 - like a new m/c - spamcan61
>> It appears to say Ultimate is the correct match to auto transfer everything over
>> from Vista Home Premium??
>>
I would think any version would do, particularly if you install this utility on the Vista machine:-

windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/windows-easy-transfer
 Upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 - like a new m/c - Stuartli
I used Easy Transfer to carry over files from an XP system to Windows7 Home Premium 64bit - very straightforward.

You can also use Windows7's ReadyBoost feature to boost memory capacity via a flash memory card or drive (Vista also had this feature):

tinyurl.com/63ryy9t

Latest Forum Posts