Computer Related > How do I convert an ini file back to a jpeg file Miscellaneous
Thread Author: gramar Replies: 11

How do I convert an ini file back to a jpeg file - gramar
Help !!

Playing around with a RAW software programme for the first time I inadvertently saved a RAW picture file to ini - it now only opens in notepad like this. How do I convert it back please?

[CONDITION]
SELECT_WB=0
WB_FORCED=0
WB_POINT_NUM=0
WB_TEMPER=10
WB_AB=0
WB_MG=0
WBR=-999.000000
WBB=-999.000000
TONE_POINT0=0,0
TONE_POINT1=255,255
EXPOSURE=0
CONTRAST=1
SATURATION=1
SHARPNESS=1
COLOR_SPACE=2
QUALITY=0
AAPLY_NRLEVEL=0
NRLEVEL=0
AAPLY_LPFLEVEL=1
LPFLEVEL=80
APPLY_SHAD=0
SHADANG=29
SHADFACTANG=0
APPLY_DIST=0
DISTFACT=0
DISTPOW=0
APPLY_RBFACT=0
RBFACT_R=0
RBFACT_B=0
LUMINANCE=64
HUE=128
HIGHEST=128
 How do I convert an ini file back to a jpeg file - Hard Cheese

What programme? I would guess that you have both a RAW and an INI, perhaps you cant find the RAW.

How do I convert an ini file back to a jpeg file - Stuartli
Try renaming the file as a .jpeg (probably won't work as they are just text files).

Otherwise do a Search for the original file name.
Last edited by: Stuartli on Wed 23 Mar 11 at 11:13
 How do I convert an ini file back to a jpeg file - FocalPoint
I assume the OP has been playing with pictures taken on a digital camera. I use RAW all the time on mine, before editing the pictures on the PC.

I think Cheddar is right. An INI file is a configuration file. I can't see how you would be able to convert a RAW file (a picture file) to an INI.

You can (and will probably need to) convert or process your RAW files into JPEG or TIFF at some point, depending on what you want to do with them.

In the meantime, check the directories on the memory card for your original RAW file.
I know an .ini file is a configuration file and stated renaming it probably wouldn't work.

However, it's worth trying Recuva (freeware), which can prove very effective in recovering files from various sources:

www.piriform.com/recuva
If you assume the original (RAW) file is corrupted it may be worth trying to recover it. I'm not sure that's what the OP is facing, though.

I have had a few instances of RAW files on memory cards becoming corrupt and unreadable and I have to say Recuva has been useless. I had success with CardRecovery, which is unfortunatey not free. It took some time, but it succeeded in bringing back every picture, the only problem being that the end-result was large JPEG files, not RAW.

www.cardrecovery.com/
Last edited by: ChrisPeugeot on Wed 23 Mar 11 at 15:14
Well interestingly the last person I recommended to try Recuva for photo files accidentally deleted on a memory card got them back in full...:-)
"...accidentally deleted..."

Ah, now I'm with you. My scenario was different - a memory card became unreadable by either the camera or PC; my theory is that it was corrupted by a cheap card-reader, which I bought from one of those "pound-shop" places. Since getting an Easyi reader I have had no problems.

My guess is that my damage to the data was more serious.
 How do I convert an ini file back to a jpeg file - rubycox
Go to ZamZar.com, locate the file and choose the file format to format conversion in stage 2. PNG is another format last image that gradually replacing the JPG format. Most programs that can open JPG files can open PNG. Zamzar automatically converts each page of PDF document in its own PNG image file. Now simply open Microsoft Paint (yes, all you need is paint!) And choose File - Save As from the menu and select JPEG from the dropdown list of formats.
So you're saying an ini file CAN be converted to jpg? And what have png and pdf got to do with it?
 How do I convert an ini file back to a jpeg file - Zero
Err no, certainly not the OP ini file.

How do I convert an ini file back to a jpeg file - spamcan61
looks to me like the OP has saved the header/metadata from the RAW file as an INI file, hopefully the RAW file is still intact on the memory card.
Last edited by: spamcan61 on Tue 5 Apr 11 at 17:45
Latest Forum Posts