Computer Related > Table Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 4

Table - Ted

I'm trying to print a table out.

I use Microsoft Publisher and I've done it before ok.
Bring up a template, in my case A4 picture. Click on ' insert table ' on left and draw the required box. A window pops up where you can choose number of rows and columns.

In my case, I want 30 rows and 7 columns.......apply it and it shows on the page.
Type the column headings in the top row and print......simples !

Except it's stopped printing the lines out, it just prints the headings. That's twice I've tried.

I have done a smaller table for another purpose, 5 down, 7 across and this came out perfectly...even to the extent of colouring every other row in yellow...very pretty !

Any ideas why it's not doing the same with the new project ? I don't think I'm doing owt different !

Ted
 Table - devonite
not sure about Publisher, but if it`s similar to Excel there will be an option in one of the settings to print gridlines, just find it and tick the checkbox. I cant check exactly where it is for you as i dumped (M)office in favour of Open Office, but they are so similar i`d be suprised if it doesn`t exist.
 Table - Zero
check for a feature to print grid lines, and check what colour the grid lines are! White lines on white paper don't show up well.

And as said, this is the wrong app for a table, use a spreadsheet.
 Table - spamcan61
I'd do this in Word rather than Publisher, but anway, a couple of thoughts:-

3 - In Word I would right click within the errant table, select 'borders and shading' then select 'all' from the various options on the 'borders tab' , also making sure the line colour is set to black or something dark, maybe works the same in Publisher

1 - what does it look like if you do a print preview of the big table, are the gridlines there?

2 - I sit not possible to edit the correctly printing table, increasing the R & Cs to the number you need.

Last edited by: spamcan61 on Fri 1 Apr 11 at 09:45
 Table - Ted
Thanks for advice, I'll try a few tips later.

I didn't do a print preview, Spammy, but that's worth a look. My other table was done on A5 but the initial design was done on A4 an turned 90 degrees to print. I don't know why some rows came out yellow...but it didn't matter and I was quite pleased with the look.

Ted
Latest Forum Posts