Computer Related > No sound Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 6

No sound - Ambo
The sound from Spotify etc. on my computer has ceased although the videos play as before (Windows 7 and BT Broadband). All other functions are normal. I have been round all the Microsoft help pages but can't find the cause or remedy. Suggestions gratefully received.
 No sound - Dave_
1. Check speaker connection is plugged in (green 3.5mm).

2. Check speakers are powered up / connected securely if running through a subwoofer.

3. Check software/Windows volume controls are not turned down or muted.

4. Restart machine - a computer at work sometimes "forgets" it has speakers, a restart always sorts it out.
 No sound - devonite
Do you hear the "Windows jingle" as the computer boots up, as the sound card is loaded? - if not have a look in device manager and see if "something" has knocked out the sound card drivers, (i`ve known some things to do this in the past) if theres any yellow exclamation marks, try rolling back the drivers or go to your sound cards website and download the latest drivers, in fact that would probably be the best thing to try anyway!
 No sound - spamcan61
Use system restore to wind the system configuration back a couple of weeks, in case a Win 7 update has caused problems.
 No sound - Bellboy
my sound card has gone down too but i reinstalled it by going to
control panel
system
hardware
device manager
and uninstalling the device
turing off the computer
and let it find it again
 No sound - lancara
I lost the sound through the HDMI cable between laptop & TV, and the following worked:

Try to enable and set the digital output HDMI device as default.

a. Click Start, and then Control Panel.
b. Click Hardware and Sounds, and then click managing audio devices.
c. Click on Playback tab
d. In empty space of playback devices right click and use the option to show all disabled devices, you should get a pop-up up with digital output HDMI.
e. If you find digital HDMI output Device, right click on it and set it as default communication device.

Maybe following the same sequence to rediscover your speakers will help
 No sound - Ambo
I tried most of the above and all the indications were that the sound system was working perfectly - only there was no sound. But you were right, Dave: after a while it pulled itself together and there has been no problem for several days.
Latest Forum Posts