Computer Related > Toshiba battery Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Dave Replies: 4

Toshiba battery - Dave
I've got an ancient satellite pro A60 that t I only use for my accounts, as I don't have the disk anymore, so can't transfer anything.

The battery has been knackered for years, but now it loses date and time when switched off. I don't really want to splash out on a new battery, or leave it plugged in all the time. So is there a small battery inside that I can replace that holds the memory?
 Toshiba battery - smokie
The CMOS battery does this. There is a bit of a write up here www.fixya.com/support/t4986374-change_cmos_battery
but disassembling and reassembling a laptop without have screws and other parts left over isn't something for the faint hearted!!
 Toshiba battery - Zero
The CMOS battery (yes Smokie is on the button here)is usually, in laptops, somewhere fairly easy to change. It will be hiding behind a panel in the case somewhere (the favourite is the panel where you change memory) and will be different form a standard PC battery, having wires soldered to it and a micro plug on the end. Its usually coloured yellow (or blue)
 Toshiba battery - Dave
I'll take a shifty then. It's got 3 panels underneath, so all I need is a minature philips.

I took it all apart a couple of years ago to clean the dust as it kept overheating, and it is a bit of a nightmare, with loads of tiny srews, all different lengths.
 Toshiba battery - McP
Toshibas usually have the screw length next to each hole.
As it doesn't get used much, your other option is to set the time and date in the BIOS each time it gets switched on.
Latest Forum Posts