Computer Related > YouTube query. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 5

YouTube query. - Ted

Does anyone know how to record music only onto YT. I've taken plenty off, with no Video accompaniment. I go into my YT, it asks me to download a video. I browse, select my music and the track I want. It then shows it downloading but when I chech what's in my recordings, the music file is there but cannot be played.

It's not something I would normally bother with but I have quite a rare LP which I've already transferred to CD. It will appeal to members of another forum I go on, I'm sure.

This particular singe wrote all his own songs but he not to be found on Google or YT.

Anyone downloaded just music ?

Ted
 YouTube query. - Zero
do you mean upload Ted? Onto YT?
 YouTube query. - Ted

Yeah, sworra mean, Z. Just a cd track with no vid.

Ted
 YouTube query. - devonite
use Publisher, import your chosen music - you cant just upload the music by itself though, you need a picture to accompny it, you can easily make your own from a still, or just use publisher and add the song title as the graphic part.

OR you can use Windows Movie Maker!

This may help:

YouTube is for videos only, not music. An MP3 file is a music file, so YouTube will not support it. However, if you own a Microsoft Windows PC, then you can put the song into a video by using Windows Movie Maker. You can add a few pictures in there as well or make a video with the lyrics on it. It's up to you. When you're done, you need to go to 'File' and click 'Save Movie File' Make sure 'My computer' is highlighted in blue on the next screen. Click 'Next' until it is done. Then you can upload it to YouTube.
Last edited by: devonite on Tue 12 Apr 11 at 01:43
 YouTube query. - devonite
Also found this:

YouTube Help : Getting Started: How to upload

www.google.com/support/youtube/bi…

Once you've finished editing your video, made sure it's less than 10 minutes, smaller than 2GB in size, and in an acceptable format, you're ready to upload it.
* Click the Upload link in the upper-right-hand corner of any YouTube page.
* Click the "Browse" button to browse for the video file you'd like to upload to our site. Select the file you want to upload.
* Click the 'Upload Video' button to start the uploading process.
* As the video file is uploading, enter as much information about your video as possible in the relevant fields (including Title, Description, Tags, and Category). You're not required to provide specific information, but the more information you include, the easier it is for users to find your video!
* Click the 'Save changes' button to save the updates you've made to the video file.

It can take from a couple minutes to an hour for your video to upload to YouTube. If you're receiving an error with your Upload, you might want to make sure you're attempting to upload a file that's recognized by YouTube. YouTube accepts video files from most digital cameras and camcorders, and cell phones in the .AVI, .MOV, .WMV, and .MPG file formats. lightbulb

Please note: your video must meet our uploading requirements: no larger than 2GB and no more than 10 minutes in length. If your video does not meet these requirements you will need to re-edit the video file on your computer then upload the new file to our site.

Have more than one video file to upload?
Not a problem! You can upload up to 10 video files in a single uploading session.
Source(s):
www.google.com/support/youtube/bi…
 YouTube query. - Ted
Thanks all...I'll try it through publisher first.
I was wondering how to put a title/picture to it......I know now !

Ted
Latest Forum Posts