Computer Related > Transferring address book from one ISP to another Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Perky Penguin Replies: 2

Transferring address book from one ISP to another - Perky Penguin
My partner has been told by BT Internet that they are going to charge her for use of her current e mail address (abc@btinternet.com) unless she pays them a monthly fee, (not for providing the Broadband service which is with TalkTalk). I have got her a new e mail address at abc@yahoo.com and have imported her contacts from facebook but when I try to tranfer them from "Another Yahoo account" it rejects the request. The service she is giving up is with "BT Yahoo" and the one she is moving to is "Yahoo" - it occurs to me they are 2 parts of the same service and that all her contacts and e mails will remain and all she is doing is getting into the same service but with a different user name/ email address. Any thought please? Thanks in advance BTW!
 Transferring address book from one ISP to another - Zero
How many posts do you want to raise in here about this?

Export the contacts out into some other format

help.yahoo.com/uk/bt/tutorials/cont/con_workcon5.html

then import them back into Yahoo. The Yahoo help pages are very good on import/export.

If things fail its usually works to do it as a two step process, export > folder > import.

I wouldn't have chosen Yahoo mail BTW as my new email client. I choose Gmail.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 1 May 11 at 10:49
 Transferring address book from one ISP to another - Perky Penguin
One is enough thanks but there was a compter problem at my end which resulted in a duplicate post; problem sorted thank you.
Latest Forum Posts