Computer Related > Domain name charges Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dave Replies: 1

Domain name charges - Dave
When I started my business, I registered an .se domain name. The place that's hosted my website for my previous english business couldn't sell me the .se name, so I brought it from a swedish outfit and had it transferred to the UK hosting company. For the domain and hosting I pay about £75/year.

A year ago I bought another .se name that is similar to the one I already had. Again, I transferred it to my hosting company and had them point it to my existing site.

Today I got an invoice from the hosting company for this second domain for £115. They say this is the yearly charge for the name. But also today I got an invoice from the swedish company that registers all the swedish domain names for £25 yearly charge.

So now I'm confused. It seems I'm paying twice for it, and from the UK hosting outfit a large amount for a yearly charge. So what happens (or should happen) when you buy a domain name and transfer it to another outfit? I don't get a bill for the original name I bought and transferred, as that seems to be included in my £75 hosting package, so why another bill for the second name, and higher than for the first nane including hosting.
 Domain name charges - smokie
I've got domain names with no hosting. I don't know al ot about it but I've had what appear to be invoices from the hosting company but on closer inspection are some kind of scam - i was only really alerted because the domains are on auto renew and my credit card details are on their file, so I know not to expect invoices. So just be careful!!
Latest Forum Posts