Computer Related > Garmin PC connection problem Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 6

Garmin PC connection problem - Focusless
My Garmin 205 connects happily with the PC for software updates - I updated it earlier today - but not for maps. On the Garmin Map Updates web page the spinning icon thing indicating it's trying to connect just keeps spinning. Any ideas?
To clarify - it's a Garmin satnav. Software updates are performed using a downloadable application (works); map updates are performed through the browser and a plug-in which you have to download (doesn't work). I've tried Firefox and IE.
 Garmin PC connection problem - Kevin
Cookies, Java/Javascript, Firewall or Antivirus settings?
 Garmin PC connection problem - borasport
I've experienced something similar trying to update my colorado - I'd uninstall and reinstall the latest Garmin Communicator software onto your PC if that's what it uses to updates the maps
>> I'd uninstall and reinstall the
>> latest Garmin Communicator software onto your PC if that's what it uses to updates the
>> maps

It uses the browser and a plugin which I had just downloaded for FF and IE, so I don't think it's that.
>> Cookies, Java/Javascript, Firewall or Antivirus settings?

Mmm... just remembered that Adblocker has caused at least one issue in the past; will try disabling that (and check the above). Ta.
 Garmin PC connection problem - Telb
Mind you, the time mine takes to download and update maps, it's a safer bet to download them onto the pc and update from there.
Latest Forum Posts