Computer Related > Should I swap the leopard for a lion? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 3

Should I swap the leopard for a lion? - Iffy
I refer to the new operating system for the MacBook - and all other things Apple as far as I can gather.

I'm currently on Snow Leopard, and the new Lion system is available next month for a reasonable upgrade price of £20.99.

The question is should I bother?

I only use a fraction of the features of Leopard, and there's nothing it doesn't do that I want it too.

Rightly or wrongly, I've always thought the things I really use on the computer are the programmes - Firefox, hotmail, iTunes etc - rather than the operating system.

But if there were hidden benefits to Lion - I dunno, security or something - then twenty quid is a small price to pay.

www.apple.com/uk/macosx/

Last edited by: Iffy on Tue 7 Jun 11 at 15:25
 Should I swap the leopard for a lion? - rtj70
Are you on Leopard or Snow Leopard at the moment? I suspect the latter based on when you bought your Mac.

There will be features that could be useful in Lion but it depends what you use the Mac for.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 7 Jun 11 at 15:35
 Should I swap the leopard for a lion? - Iffy
...I suspect the latter based on when you bought your Mac...

Yes, Snow Leopard.

I don't do a lot more than a bit of surfing, bit of emailing, iTunes, a text document or two - fairly standard domestic use.

The Mac's arguably a bit over-specified for that, but I do like the Apple environment.
 Should I swap the leopard for a lion? - Hard Cheese

No, put the 21 quid towards a Windows 7 PC ... ...

Latest Forum Posts