Computer Related > Windows Backup Fails Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 3

Windows Backup Fails - Duncan
I have tried backing up my hard drive to an external hard drive. It fails. I have tried again twice.

The message I get is -
'Windows Backup skipped backing up system image. One of the critical volumes is not having enough free space. Free up some space by deleting unnecessary files and try again.'

I have run Disk Cleanup. I don't know what unnecessary files I can delete.

Any ideas in non tech language please?
 Windows Backup Fails - devonite
Try a better clean-up utility than Windows own Disk-cleanup!
Something like Ccleaner for eg, then do a defrag to compact files a bit better, run some spyware utils such as superanti-spyware just to be sure your not backing up spyware rubbish and try again.

hth
 Windows Backup Fails - spamcan61
The disk cleanup utility's default suggestions for files to delete are almost always safe to delete, so just hitting OK should do. That will default to emptying recycle bin, temporary internet files and the like.
 Windows Backup Fails - Suppose
>> I have tried backing up my hard drive to an external hard drive. It fails.
>> I have tried again twice.
>>
>> The message I get is -
>> 'Windows Backup skipped backing up system image. One of the critical volumes is not having
>> enough free space. Free up some space by deleting unnecessary files and try again.'
>>
>> I have run Disk Cleanup. I don't know what unnecessary files I can delete.
>>
>> Any ideas in non tech language please?
>>

Yes there is a solution, and No it is not in a non tech language.
www.pagestart.com/win7br0x8100003301.html
I guess you are likely to totally screw up your PC if you try to apply the solution.

There is another solution. Do not use Windows Backup. Use some other software or pay an IT tech who knows his/her bits from their Bytes and knows what he/she is doing to sort it for you.
Last edited by: Suppose on Fri 23 Sep 11 at 23:16
Latest Forum Posts