Computer Related > Excel stops working Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 2

Excel stops working - Ambo

I am using Excel 2007 in MS Office Professional Plus 2007. Spreadsheets have started to be blocked by “Excel has stopped working” messages, with the promise that a solution is being found (but it never is). It may work on a second or third attempt and always will if there is a re-start. Another problem is that a spreadsheet may appear but from part the way down the page, unresponsive to commands and preventing a Close as the cross top right of the screen is not in view, so I have to switch off the computer instead of shutting it down. MS online is no help and I can’t find a way to re-install the program from within the computer (there doesn’t seem to be a program installation disk). Can anyone suggest a solution please?

Excel stops working - devonite
Have you tried the Repair option? You can go to Start>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs and scroll down to Office 2007. highlite it, click uninstall, and I believe there is a "Change" "Repair" or "Remove" option list offered. Office 2007 (should have ) has the option to do a repair install and normally does not need the use of the original CD.

hth!
 Excel stops working - Ambo
I couldn't find the options but uninstalling Office and reinstalling it seem to have worked, so thanks for the lead. I suppose I could expect a bit of aggro as some of the spreadsheets were orginally created up to 18 years and three computers ago.
Latest Forum Posts