Non-motoring > Norse saga Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 14

Norse saga - Armel Coussine
It looks like being one anyway, the malevolent twerp Breivik's day in court. Norway is to spend millions defending a liberal multicultural society and refuting a completely demented so-called 'right-wing ideology'. Breivik's sanity will also be judged by the court. A girl present at the shootings on the island, asked by hacks whether it frightened her to see Breivik in court, said it didn't, because he was going to be locked up for the rest of his life anyway, whatever happened. But however traumatized it may be by this one-lone-nut atrocity, Norway means to do the civilized, rule-of-law thing, as it should of course. It regards the death penalty as barbaric.

For myself, born at the ultimate paroxysm of twentieth century barbarity and raised through it, it wouldn't bother me to see the twerp executed and I wouldn't blame anyone for doing it. But Norway is right really. Although of course it wasn't always like that.

It may seem fanciful and offensive to Scandinavia to suggest that Breivik is a sort of sick, nerdish descendant of the Norse berserker, maddened to bloody acts not by huge doses of mead and fly agaric but by the dead hand of ideology - any ideology - which, taken to heart by nasty twerps, can be blamed for so much of that barbarity still vibrating in people's minds and poisoning their souls.

As we know, there are other ideologies creating other kinds of berserker in the world now.
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 19 Apr 12 at 12:55
 Messages Author Date
 Norse saga new Armel Coussine 16 Apr 12 19:07
 Norse saga new Crankcase 16 Apr 12 21:44
 Norse saga new Dog 17 Apr 12 09:48
 Norse saga new Ambo 17 Apr 12 13:36
 Norse saga new zookeeper 17 Apr 12 13:41
 Norse saga new Armel Coussine 17 Apr 12 14:47
 Norse saga new Focusless 17 Apr 12 14:53
 Norse saga new Dutchie 17 Apr 12 15:41
 Norse saga new Armel Coussine 17 Apr 12 16:56
 Norse saga new Lygonos 17 Apr 12 20:30