Non-motoring > is product placement now allowed on TV? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: RattleandSmoke Replies: 3

is product placement now allowed on TV? - RattleandSmoke
Just watching Mondays corrie on my PVR and so far there has been so many mentions of local businesses (such as Nobles and Quicksilver) it is almost like watching an advert.

Then for the first time they have used the phrase "google it" where in the past they have always mentioned fake search engines.

I actually like as it makes it seem a lot more realistic but I can see how other businesses may get a bit upset by it.
 is product placement now allowed on TV? - Bellboy
no (eat rinse buns) its still illegal (eat rinse buns) but (eat rinse buns) so also (eat rinse buns) is flash (eat rinse buns) subliminal (eat rinse buns) flash photography (eat rinse buns)
hope that helps..........
 is product placement now allowed on TV? - Focusless
>> Just watching Mondays corrie on my PVR and so far there has been so many
>> mentions of local businesses (such as Nobles and Quicksilver) it is almost like watching an
>> advert.

It does sound odd. I think if Nobles and Quicksilver were sponsoring it, they specifically wouldn't be allowed to have their products featured in the programme (correct me if I'm wrong). If that's the case, then presumably it's for the realism.
 is product placement now allowed on TV? - RattleandSmoke
Marks and Spencer rejects being sold down a market (which also exists) was mentioned too so I assume it is just for realism.

Certainly makes a nice change from the days when they were to scared to even mention Manchester and thus developed fake football teams and everything else.
Latest Forum Posts