Motoring Discussion > Dodge - 5 days with a Charger! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 3

Dodge - 5 days with a Charger! - Auntie Lockbrakes
With a name like this it was a surprise that the car wasn't electric-powered :-)

Just had 5 days in a rental Dodge Charger in Hawaii. Underwhelming at best. A deceptively large beast, with a huge boot that was handy for all SWMBO's luggage. Hopped inside to be greeted by what can be described at best as a 10-grand car's cheapo interior.

Most of the island's roads are speed-limited to 25-35 miles/hour, with just the odd stretch of open road limited to the heady heights of 55mph. So little strain on the engine then. Good job too; I'd never have believed there was a 3.5 litre 6-cylinder motor hiding in there!

Compliant ride though, and we took it up a hairpin-filled 10,000 foot volcano with no fuss or unpleasantries, or huge thirst. Petrol was US$5/gallon and I pre-paid a full tank.

All-in-all, think I'll downgrade to the next car down next time: a 2.5l Nissan Maxima which probably has a couple more endearing qualities!

By the way, since when have car hire companies created the additional insurance premium to protect against loss of car key..??! US$2/day.
 Messages Author Date
 Dodge - 5 days with a Charger! new Auntie Lockbrakes 2 May 12 02:07
 Dodge - 5 days with a Charger! new Meldrew 2 May 12 08:42
 Dodge - 5 days with a Charger! new - 2 May 12 17:32
 Dodge - 5 days with a Charger! new rtj70 2 May 12 17:39
Latest Forum Posts