Non-motoring > Flowering shrubs Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 10

Flowering shrubs - Armel Coussine
It was rather cold and nasty yesterday, but went with my wife and our hostess here in Kew to Richmond Park yesterday and visited the something-or-other plantation.

Normally I am about as interested in gardens, even well-sorted ones, as a hyperactive, educationally subnormal twelve-year-old, but this place was different: a very large area of assorted flowering shrubs, mainly varieties of azaleas but with a lot of assorted rhododendrons too, all in bloom or coming into bloom, under tall old oak trees. A feast for the eyes, a wonderful low-key spectacle that actually cheered me up despite the surrounding election and all that manure.

Two large parties of Japanese tourists passed, exclaiming delightedly to each other. I would imagine that place at this time of year is a bit of an attraction for the discerning Japanese tourist. But I would recommend it to anyone. Apparently it only lasts a month or so at full blast like that. Wow, though.

We are going back to the country later today. The bluebells ought to be out by now.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Mon 3 May 10 at 12:15
 Messages Author Date
 Flowering shrubs new Armel Coussine 3 May 10 12:13
 Flowering shrubs new - 3 May 10 12:28
 Flowering shrubs new MD 4 May 10 11:00
 Flowering shrubs new - 4 May 10 15:25
 Flowering shrubs new crocks 3 May 10 12:42
 Flowering shrubs new Clk Sec 3 May 10 13:22
 Flowering shrubs new Zero 3 May 10 14:16
 Flowering shrubs new FocalPoint 3 May 10 22:47
 Flowering shrubs new Zero 4 May 10 08:41
 Flowering shrubs new FocalPoint 4 May 10 10:40