Motoring Discussion > Car insurers and accident chasers..... Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Haywain Replies: 6

Car insurers and accident chasers..... - Haywain
There was an item on the news this morning about the rising cost of accident claims, even though the number of accidents has gone down; this was put down to the activities of the claims chasing lawyers. It was perceived that all this was liable to further increase premiums - though there was a notable lack of comments from the insurance companies themselves(?)

A few months ago, I made a claim following an annoying little mishap in my wife's Focus in which I removed the passenger door mirror and put a dent in the front wing (a lorry was reversing out from between some houses whist I was doing a reverse parking manoeuvre). There was no personal injury at all - other than to my pride! I made a claim on our insurance policy and both the insurer and appointed repairers dealt with the matter very effectively. No one else was given any details, yet for a couple of months afterwards, we have received phone calls from claims chasers looking for business.

So - who would have given them our details and why? It would have to be either the insurers or the repairers - they are the only ones who knew my details.
 Messages Author Date
 Car insurers and accident chasers..... new Haywain 4 Jul 12 10:57
 Car insurers and accident chasers..... new NortonES2 4 Jul 12 12:31
 Car insurers and accident chasers..... new oilburner 4 Jul 12 14:13
 Car insurers and accident chasers..... new Ian (Cape Town) 4 Jul 12 15:28
 Car insurers and accident chasers..... new John H 4 Jul 12 15:49
 Car insurers and accident chasers..... new Ian (Cape Town) 4 Jul 12 16:02
 Car insurers and accident chasers..... new oilburner 4 Jul 12 21:01
Latest Forum Posts