Motoring Discussion > Murdered for his Land Rover Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 11

Murdered for his Land Rover - BobbyG
Some of you may have seen the recent court case in Scotland where James Simpson was tragically murdered when trying to save his beloved Land Rover from thieves.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-19422077

It would appear that they had previously scouted the area, knew where the LR was kept, and already had a buyer for it.

I just can't see me doing anything different to what Mr Simpson did - its the natural reaction isn't it? Yes, if you are rational and sitting behind a keyboard you might say something different but if someone has smashed your front door to get your car keys, you are going to give chase aren't you?

Some say "if they want it they are going to get it" no matter what security devices you have, someone else I know leaves his car unlocked so that people won't make any damage to find out that he doesn't have anything of valuable inside the car.

When I used to work in supermarkets, we were instructed not to chase shoplifters once they had left the store - I would regularly find myself chasing folk through the carpark and into underpasses for the sake of a bottle of vodka that didn't actually belong to me - the adrenalin kicks in and the rationale disappears!

At the end of the day it is just a lump of metal but that lump of metal is a symbol for, in most cases, lots of hard work, earnings, sacrifices etc and human nature is to not let go. Whether it be a Ferrari, Land Rover or CityRover, its still someones pride and joy and adrenalin will kick in.

A terrible tragedy and God knows what his wife felt when she witnessed it all.

I remember a thread, possibly in the days of HJ, when one of the contributors had his house ransacked, his family threatened, until he gave up his car keys.

Really makes you think, what would you like to think you would do in these circumstances, and what do you think you would actually do??

Messages Author Date
 Murdered for his Land Rover new BobbyG 2 Sep 12 22:30
 Murdered for his Land Rover new Old Navy 2 Sep 12 23:00
 Murdered for his Land Rover new Ted 2 Sep 12 23:07
 Murdered for his Land Rover new Zero 2 Sep 12 23:16
 Murdered for his Land Rover new Cliff Pope 3 Sep 12 08:34
 Murdered for his Land Rover new Zero 3 Sep 12 08:51
 Murdered for his Land Rover new No FM2R 2 Sep 12 23:28
 Murdered for his Land Rover new Zero 2 Sep 12 23:31
 Murdered for his Land Rover new rtj70 2 Sep 12 23:55
 Murdered for his Land Rover new Dog 3 Sep 12 06:49
 Murdered for his Land Rover new Manatee 3 Sep 12 08:02